Wednesday, May 25, 2011

C&I 438 - Blog Reflection 1

For my C&I 438 Distance Learning course, I took 2 quizzes assessing my strengths as a distance learning student and educator.  Not surprisingly, the results showed that I was an "excellent candidate" for both learning and teaching in an online capacity.  This is largely because of my technological aptitude - not that I'm a genius or anything, but I am certainly very capable; as well as the fact that I recognize that meaningful learning and critical thinking skills can be utilized and enhanced in a non face-to-face setting.  In previous online courses I have taken, I have found this to be the case.

If my scores on these assessments ever showed that I did not favor an online learning format, I'm sure it had to do with the questions regarding procrastination.  Certainly the procrastination is a negative in light of the organization and planning that is required in an online format, but I feel this is a common problem - not specific to just me.  If there is a silver lining, procrastination is probably most easily overcome in an online educational format - one that is devoid of specific structured meeting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment