Wednesday, June 15, 2011

C&I 438 Blog Post 2

So far, I have really been enjoying 438.  The entire framework that Dr. Toledo has created is an excellent model for how to run an organized and efficient online class.
Furthermore, many of the concepts that we have encountered, through the readings, discussions, podcasts, and especially the embedded videos, have been thought provoking and challenging.  Particularly - the notion that the current public educational system in this country is woefully outdated.  We, as inspiring and enlightened educators need to utilize 21st century tools and methods in order to prepare our students to succeed in a 21st century society.  The strategies and online CMS platforms that we are learning are helping us to do this.

Previously, and thanks largely to C&1 579 - Educational Technology - I already had a working knowledge of Web 2.0 tools and Wikis.  However, this course is allowing me to explore them more completely, as I use them to create my own online course to teach.  

Tomorrow, I will certainly not forget the importance of making education fun and relevant to our students' lives, especially through the use of technology and web 2.0.
 

2 comments:

  1. My art:

    WWW

    ---

    I said: "The theologians really know
    their topic; are these people smart like eighty-
    one people quite like you together, so
    just do like me and pray and trust them, Katie,

    their knowledge adds to a tremendous mass
    of safe and very holy gravitation!"
    – "Oh yes?" said Katie, "What if all that jazz
    is very simple at the final station

    what do you say? I don't want to be rude
    not even really to oppose your mission.
    But tacitly this concept may include
    an untold power, that's my slight suspicion,

    I mean, that Truth was never too complex –
    You may say 'God'; the real thing still is Sex!"

    My poetry:

    Single Swingle

    ---

    Algorithm of Being

    To live reactively, responsively, creatively, as an artist, act the way your life forms the best possible narrative, like a novel or a film, towards Death, End of the Story. According to Heidegger, Life is what Is. Sorge. Being kind of your own God? Primacy of Aestethics over Ethics.

    My philosophy:

    GAMMABLIXT

    -----

    Reciprocity! You do me a favor promoting YOUR blogs on mine.

    - Peter Ingestad, Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay,

    It's not about the technology, is it? It's all about student engagement and growth - you're a prime example!

    Dr. T

    ReplyDelete