Sunday, June 26, 2011

C&I 438 Blog Post 3

What I like best about this course, and really, why technology has the capability to make Education so authentic, is that the hands-on nature creates a sense of permanence.  Sure, the readings are interesting supplements and necessary, but the real learning has occurred as I have been creating my Course Management System and preparing to produce my own online class.  No amount of reading could compete with actually doing it.  When I have run into problems, it's up to me to fix them - and it isn't as if I'm all alone.  My best resources are my own classmates, who I have leaned upon, and beyond that, I can access my entire Personal Learning Network.

I certainly appreciate the organized framework that Dr. Toledo has set up.  It has allowed us to be successful.  Were the assignment just: Go create a CMS, even with my prior knowledge of WIkis, the task would be daunting.  Dr. Toledo has broken each component down and allowed us to create the CMS step by step, and it has proved to be a highly effective strategy.  I will remember this step by step procedure and attempt to implement it when I teach online courses myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment