Please allow me speak this into existence:
“So you’re telling me there’s a chance!”
Sure, the odds are slim, but certainly not impossible. Crazy things can and do happen, and hope springs eternal for this Broncos fan. Here is a look at the Broncos sole playoff scenario:
1. Broncos must win three remaining games, vs BUF, LAC, LVR; 8-8 (3-3).
2. Dolphins must lose final three games, vs. NE, LVR, BUF; 8-8, Broncos win head-head tie breaker.
3. Patriots must beat MIA week 15, but lose at least one of their other two remaining games vs BUF or NYJ; 8-8, Broncos win head-head tie breaker.
4. Raiders must beat MIA week 16, but lose their other two remaining games vs LAC and DEN; 8-8 (3-3), 1-1 head-head, Broncos win third-level tie breaker vs common opponents 7-5 to 5-7.
and (this is the really tough one)
5. Ravens must lose their final three games vs JAX, NYG, CIN; 8-8 (3-3), Broncos win third-level tie breaker vs common opponents 1-6 to 0-5.
No losing for better draft picks (ever!). Win out and let the cards fall where they may (see above). All we have to do is get into the tournament – then anything can happen!